There are times when we feel the need to change the language in which we communicate or type. The process is not very popular and therefore, here is how to change language on keyboard for both laptops and mobile phones.
How to Change Input Language on the Keyboard for a Laptop:
- First, open the control panel.
- Under ‘Clock, Language, and Region’ category, click on the ‘Change keyboards or other input methods’ option.
- You will see the ‘Region and Language’ window. Click on the ‘Change Keyboards’ option.
- You will be directed to ‘Text Services and Input Languages’ window where you can see the list of already installed languages. You can add a new language by clicking on the ‘Add’ button.
- You can select your language from the list that appears. If you want to see how a language looks on your keyboard, you can click on ‘Preview’.
- A virtual keyboard will appear on the screen showing the necessary keys for the chosen language. Click on ‘Close’ when you are done.
- After you are done selecting a language, click on ‘Ok’.
- If you need to change the order of the languages, you can use the ‘Move Up’ and ‘Move Down’ options
How to Change Language on the Keyboard for Android:
- Open any application you want that supports typing.
- Tap any text box in order to bring the keyboard onto the screen.
- Click on the gear icon on the bottom left. If you don’t see the icon, you are probably using a different keyboard. In that case, you can navigate to Settings->Language and Input.
- Click on the Language button.
- This will show a list of the languages that are supported by your keyboard. If the switch corresponding to a language is blue, it means the language is active and can be used. If it’s grey, it is disabled.
- If your language is missing from the list, just install it from the play store.
Hope we have covered all the steps for changing the language of the keyboard for typing. Follow the step by step instructions and enjoy the smooth transition. Happy typing!